Who doesn't love pancakes?
I remember having friends sleep over in middle and high school - we'd stay up way too late gossiping and watching MTV. In the morning, I'd make pancakes, usually chocolate chip, and we'd eat a TON. Like at least 7 each. Gotta love that teenage metabolism ;)
These pancakes are nothing like those of my childhood but boy are they delicious. The best part? They are packed with good-for-you ingredients so you can eat the entire stack and STILL feel incredible, teenage metabolism or not.
Paleo Banana Pancakes // gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of baking soda
- generous dash of sea salt
- generous dash of cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- optional: 1/2 tsp maca powder
- Mash banana with the 2 eggs (you can do this with a fork for chunkier pancakes, or blend in your blender for a smoother batter)
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, scoop batter into skillet to form 4-5 pancakes.
- Cook until the surface of the pancakes start to bubble and edges are browned and then flip VERY carefully (I used two spatulas to do this). Cook another few minutes on the second side.
- Top with fresh fruit, nut butter and (if desired) real maple syrup. ENJOY!
Are you a pancake fan? What's your favorite type - blueberry, chocolate chip, banana?? Share with me in the comments below!