This easy recipe came together one night last week - it was an unseasonably cloudy and cool summer day, and since my gut has been acting up I wanted to make myself a simple yet nourishing dinner. Something that felt a little more fun than a standard bowl or salad, but didn't take a ton of time or effort.
Soup isn't your typical summer food, but this bowl was light and satisfying and exactly what my belly wanted. Making noodles out of zucchini gives the soup a fun factor while also upping the veggie content.
Zucchini Noodle Soup
Ready in less than 10 minutes this soup is a perfect light dinner or easy lunch. Serve with a crusty slice of toast slathered in ghee or grassfed butter.
Makes 1 serving
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ghee or olive oil
- Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to make noodles or ribbons out of the zucchini.
- Heat bone broth in a medium pot.
- Add in zoodles and cook for a few minutes
- Crack the eggs directly into the pot and poach or scramble in the hot soup. Cook until eggs are to your likely (can leave them a little softer like egg drop soup or fully cooked).
- Ladle soup into a bowl and season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of ghee or olive oil.
If you loved this Easy meal idea, check out these recipes: