The “breakfast cookie” - sounds like an oxymoron, right? Let’s be real: these do not taste like traditional cookies, but they are naturally sweet and delicious AND good enough for you that you can have a few for breakfast, totally guilt free.
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies // gluten free, naturally sweetened
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- dash sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- optional: 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (I suggest only adding this if your bananas are not super ripe OR if you plan to serve these to friends who may not be used to “healthy” treats)
- optional add ins: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, cacao nibs
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mash bananas eggs and peanut butter with a fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop by heaping tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown. Enjoy as is, or slathered with more peanut butter :)