Tummy feeling off? Or just need something to bust through the after-dinner sweet cravings? This is the tea for you. The brightness of the citrus paired with the spiciness of the ginger and cayenne both calms belly discomfort AND sugar cravings. I like it as is, but feel free to add 1-2 tsp of raw local honey if it's a little too strong for you :)
Spicy Citrus Tea // vegan, gluten free, paleo, sugar free
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
- generous pinch of cayenne (optional, but great for your digestion and immune system!)
- Add all ingredients to a small pot and cover with 2-3 cups of filtered water.
- Let simmer over medium high heat for about 10 minutes (you can let it go longer for a more concentrated flavor).
- Pour into a mug and ENJOY!