If you follow me on Instagram, or eat ANY number of meals with me, you know that I LOVE me some fermented foods. Today I'm sharing 10 ways to add these wonderful superfoods into YOUR diet.
[What the heck are fermented foods? Check out this post: Fermented Foods 101]
10 ways to eat fermented foods:
- Sip on some bubbly kombucha (or... make a kombucha cocktail!)
- Start your day with a Superhuman Breakfast
- Order miso soup along side your sushi roll.
- Top your salad pan seared tempeh.
- Add kimchi on top of your stir fry or noodle bowl.
- Snack on some raw pickles (either homemade or ones you find in the refrigerator section).
- Upgrade your avocado toast with this recipe: Upgraded Avocado Toast.
- Try your hand at making beet kvass! It's SO easy, I promise, and GREAT for heartburn or indigestion. Here's a recipe: Homemade Beet Kvass.
- Use unsweetened kefir instead of milk in your favorite overnight oats. Check out my recipes here: Overnight Oats OR Paleo Overnight No-Oats.
- Take a forkful of your favorite kraut or fermented veggie and stir it into any salad or bowl for an INSTANT flavor boost!