As a way to share my favorites with you on a regular basis, I created the "Things I'm Loving Lately" series here on the blog. In this series I share everything from food to fitness, brands to beauty products, good reads to good listens.
Here's what I'm currently craving and crushing on:
- Food: Spaghetti squash! I've been loving ALL squash recently, but especially this fun variety. If you are new to spaghetti squash, it's a large yellow squash that, when cooked, has a texture like spaghetti! SO cool! I've been enjoying this squash with my Brazil Nut Pesto (recipe linked below) AND scrambled up with eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt for a quick + easy breakfast.
- Drink: Coconut water and coconut milk. Move over almond milk, there's a new non-dairy kid on the block. Okay, so coconut milk is SO not new, but I've had a recent resurgence of love for this super creamy dairy alternative. Also, I've noticed that having fewer nuts and nut products in my diet is great for my digestion.
- Recipe: Brazil Nut Pesto. Can't stop won't stop with this super delicious dairy free pesto. I LOVE seeing how so many of you are making and loving it too! Keep tagging me at @emilynachazel so I can be sure to catch your delicious creations!
- Snack: GREEN JUICE! Ever since I've been in California, my body has been CRAVING green juice! I always go for something very green (i.e. no fruit) and try to pair it with a little bit of fat (chia seeds, 1/2 an avocado, a few nuts) because the fat helps your body properly absorb the nutrients from the greens!
- Book, podcast or blog: Girl on The Train. I just listened to this using Audible and I think I had read it before. Does anyone else ever do that???
- Essential Oil: doTERRA Passion blend. Passion is an inspiring blend of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, clove, jasmine and vanilla. I think it smells like bubble gum and I love rolling it onto my wrists as a light perfume! To learn more + purchase oils, head to www.emilynachazel.com/essential-oils.
- Yoga pose or resource: FORTE Fit. I've been LOVING teaching again for FORTE fit! In case you missed it, FORTE is a streaming service for boutique fitness classes and I'm super excited to be teaching on FORTE's platform because this means that you can now take my yoga classes from ANYWHERE!! At anytime! I used FORTE while I was traveling this month and it was so great to have a huge library of workouts that I could take since I wasn't hitting up my regular classes in NYC.