I made this smoothie as a light breakfast before a morning hot yoga class and it was perfect - I felt fueled enough to power through the class, but not weighed down or like my belly was overly full.
Green Zinger Smoothie vegan / gluten free / paleo
- 1 small frozen banana
- Handful of greens (I used kale but spinach or any other mild green will work!)
- About 1 cup almond milk
- 1 spoonful almond butter
- Scoop of vanilla protein powder of choice (I used this one but see this post for all of my protein powder recommendations)
- Generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- Small knob of peeled fresh ginger (gives it the ZING!)
- Pinch sea salt
- A few ice cubes (optional)
- All all ingredients to your Vitamix or high speed blender and blend on high until smooth. You may need to add a little extra liquid or ice, depending on how thick you'd like your smoothie.