TRUE FACT: I actually don't love cookies.
I know, who am I??? But seriously, I'd pick a bowl of soft serve ice cream or a gooey brownie over a cookie ANY day.
I've posted recipes for healthy, mostly raw "cookies" before. None of these taste like the traditional, baked variety, but personally I love that about them. This variation doesn't include any oats making it perfect for my paleo friends. I especially love the addition of roasted hazelnuts - it gives these cookies an interesting flavor... plus, almonds are SO 2017 ;).
Cookie Dough Bites vegan / gluten free / paleo
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 2-3 tbsp coconut butter (can swap for coconut oil or nut butter)
- Generous pinch sea salt
- Dash cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Add all ingredients except cacao nibs to your food processor (or Vitamix) and pulse until "dough" starts to come together.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse a few times more to incorporate.
- Form into balls with your hands. You can also use a melon scooper for more uniform bites. Arrange on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer to eat later.
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you would snap a photo and post to social media - make sure to tag me @EmilyNachazel so I can see it.
Happy happy holidays friends!