This recipe was born because I REALLY wanted pancakes, but I was super low on ingredients. I looked in my fridge and saw I had eggs and apples and wondered "Could I make my Paleo Banana Pancakes but with apple instead of banana?"
I decided to try. When I first scooped the pancake batter into my pan, I thought this experimental recipe was going to be a flop, but lo and behold these bad boys turned out AMAZING (and I've made them 3 times since that original creation)!
Paleo Apple Pancakes gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free
- 1 small apple, cored
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Dash cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Toppings of choice: more diced apple, cinnamon, honey or maple syrup, nuts or nut butter
- Add apple to your high speed blender or food processor and pulse until apple is shredded. Add all other ingredients except coconut oil and blend until combined.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Spoon batter onto hot pan to make 4-5 pancakes. You may need to flatten out or shape the batter with a spoon. Note: The batter will likely not look like traditional pancake batter, and cakes may even appear a little chunky when you first spoon batter onto the pan. This is okay!
- Let the cakes cook until edges begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Gently flip and cook for a few minutes until lightly browned on the second side.
- Serve with toppings of choice!