This coconut matcha latte my current morning obsession: it's packed with healthy fats and clean protein so this drink sustains me through my AM workouts (without the crash of a typical coffee/latte drink).
I've posted this drink a few times on Instagram and realized I needed to do a full blog post to share the recipe and more about the incredible superfoods I've chosen to include in my cup.
Here's what makes this drink superpowered:
- Collagen - Collagen is what is responsible for giving skin elasticity, hair its strength, and connective tissue its ability to hold everything in place. It's pure protein and has no flavor so a perfect addition to any smoothie, bulletproof style tea, soup or sauce. Right now I'm loving the Collagen Peptides from Vital Proteins.
- Matcha - Matcha is so incredible that I wrote a whole blog post about it. Check that out here: All about Matcha!
- Maca - Need an energy boost? Look no further than maca. This powerhouse powder has been used for centuries to increase energy, boost libido, and balance hormones (especially good for my ladies!). Quick tip: A little goes a long way and it's potent stuff! I love a pinch in my morning coffee or matcha creations, but steer clear of it later into the afternoon/evening.
- Coconut - Adding full fat coconut milk to my morning matcha latte gives this drink staying power (i.e. I have energy to make it through my morning workout or class without having to eat a full breakfast). Coconut is one of the best healthy fats and it can actually help you lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attacks or a stroke. I recommend buying the kind that comes in a can - check the label to make sure there are no added stabilizers or other ingredients.
Alright let's get to that recipe!
Superpowers Coconut Matcha Latte // paleo, gluten free, whole 30 approved, no refined sugar
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp collagen powder
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 3 cups hot water.
1. Blend in vitamix or blender until frothy! Makes enough for two mugs (but I usually drink it all myself hehe). Increase or decrease hot water to your liking!
Did you make this recipe?? I'd love to see your mug! Snap a photo and tag me @emilynachazel on Instagram so I can see your amazing pics!