Perfect Pumpkin Bread // gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan option
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or local honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill or Namaste Foods)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- generous dash sea salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (I like to go heavy on the spice!)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line or lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl and whisk well (or use your food processor or mixer). Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Batter should be pretty thick - not pour-able but scoop-able.
- Fill loaf pan and evenly spread out the batter.
- Top it off! Mix almond butter and maple syrup and then drizzle over the top of your loaf. I also like to sprinkle with slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then use a butter knife to loosen and remove. Let cool the rest of the way on a wire rack or plate. Enjoy slathered with more almond butter or (non-dairy) cream cheese!