Because it's that time of year when it's WAY to hot to turn on the oven (especially if you live in a studio apartment, like me!).
I made these easy "cookies" for my 4th of July BBQ and they were a huge hit! Naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and packed with nutrient dense foods like almonds, oats, and coconut oil, these are a treat you can feel good sharing. Not to say there is anything wrong with saving them all for yourself... ;)
No-Bake Almond Butter Cookies // vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, no bake
inspired by this Minimalist Baker recipe
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I used Sweet Revenge coconut sugar)
• 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
• 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup natural almond butter
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 1/4 cup slivered almonds
• 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
• Pinch sea salt
• 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips (optional, but SO delicious)
- Mix together coconut sugar, almond milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla, almond butter, and coconut flour (you can use a food processor or blender, or mix by hand). The mixture will be VERY sticky, like caramel.
- Add in and mix by hand slivered almonds, oats, sea salt and cacao nibs.
- Scoop by tablespoon with cookie scoop onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in fridge or freezer to firm up (about 20 minutes). Enjoy!
Have you been baking, and cooking, less now that it's hot out? What have been your go-to meals, snacks, and treats these days? I'd love to hear in the comments below!