Over the past few months, I've been going, going, going, often relying on the the wonderful, healthy options that the NYC food scene has to offer, but recently I've been back in my kitchen, getting creative with new recipes and rediscovering meal prep!
This is a recipe that I've made a few times and I love it so much! Its super quick and fuss-free, yet tastes like something special you would order at a restaurant. The lemon dill yogurt sauce makes for an amazing dressing, both with the salmon and for salads.
Easy Broiled Salmon with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce // dairy free option, paleo
- 2 salmon fillets (I used the frozen wild caught steelhead from Trader Joe's, thawed in my fridge before cooking)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 container thick yogurt (Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt works great)
- 1 small Persian cucumber, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven (broil). Line a baking dish with parchment paper or foil. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on paper or foil. Drizzle each fillet with 1 tsp olive oil and half of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook salmon. Depending on thickness, it may take anywhere from 7-10 minutes, so keep an eye on it. The salmon is done when you can flake it with a fork (i.e. it's not still raw inside!)
3. Make sauce while salmon is cooking. Whisk together yogurt, remaining lemon juice, and dill. Taste and add salt & pepper as desired. Mix in cucumber.
4. Eat! Serve salmon topped with a few tablespoons of yogurt sauce. I like to put this over a bed of greens and use the sauce as a dressing.