As you read this, I'm packing up for my first road trip of the summer - I'm heading up to Maine for a week of sunshine (hopefully), fresh air (definitely) + family. I can't wait!
Travel is one of the best parts of summer, but it can also wreck havoc on healthy habits if you are not properly prepared. I've always been a planner, and road trips are no different. When people travel with me they are always surprised / amused / thankful to see what I pull out of my bag. So today I'm sharing exactly what I pack for a summer road trip to stay healthy, happy, and naturally energized.
Here are the snacks, supplements + other essentials I bring along with me:
- Raw fruits and veggies for snacking - Nature's original fast food! Chop up whatever you have left in your fridge - carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, apples, etc!
- Superfood trailmix - The perfect snack, or on-the-go breakfast when paired with a piece of fruit.
- Sauerkraut - Yup, I actually carry this with me. It's packed with good for your gut bacteria (healthy digestion = more energy for you, better immune system, less bloating). Mash with avocado for a snack, add to bowls for a salty flavor, or just take a forkful a day for a natural source of probiotics.
- Supplements - A probiotic, magnesium (keeps you regular) and digestive enzymes (help your belly digest the different food and drink you may be consuming). It's so important to keep up with your regular supplements when traveling to keep feeling good. Head to my shop page for the specific brands of supplements I recommend.
- Essential oils - My regular routine oils + OnGuard (boosts immune system) + Terrashield (natural bug spray!) Click here to purchase your own oils!
-Water bottle - I LOVE my giant Swell bottle. It's often tough to stay hydrated when traveling, so I make sure to always have a full water bottle in my ba (and sometimes even bring two if I know I'm going to be on a bus/train/plane for a long time without access to a water fountain).
-To-go ware - Bamboo utensils in a cute little case.
- A journal / book / audio book - I get car sick so won't usually read on the road, but will when flying. I always have a journal with me - I find that long car rides or other travel are the perfect time to reflect and connect with you.
One more tip - when possible, WEAR your workout clothes! Do some squats or lunges or a few yoga moves at rest stops (or during layovers). I've also been known to roll out a mat and do a mini practice while waiting to board a bus or plane. Yup, I'm that girl.
What are your top healthy travel essentials? Let me know in the comments below!
PS. Did you like this post? I think you'll love my article on how to stay healthy while traveling. Check it out here.