These bites taste like apple pie, but are healthy enough to enjoy as a snack or even for breakfast. Made of nuts, dates, and dried fruit, they will give you a natural energy boost and satisfy even the strongest sweet craving.
Apple Pie Bites // vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup roasted and unsalted almonds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dried apples
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- generous pinch sea salt
1. Add the nuts to your food processor or Vitamix and pulse 3-5 times (so nuts are broken up but not completely pulverized). Add all other ingredients and blend well.
2. "Dough" will be sticky and should hold together when pressed between your fingers. Roll into bite-sized balls or press into a parchment paper lined pan to make bars. Enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can also store in the freezer for a longer period of time (although, they never last that long in my home!).
Note: For a lower sugar option, replace the dried apples with unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut. They won't taste like apple pie (obviously) but they are still delicious!