Are you looking for a new cookbook? You've got to to check out my friend and mentor, Robyn Youkilis's new book: Go with Your Gut: The Insider's Guide to Banishing the Bloat.
Half high level coaching guide and half cookbook, Go with Your Gut includes over 75 beautifully photographed recipes that are adaptable for everyone from paleo to vegan, including this awesome recipe for burgers!
Who doesn't love a good burger? This recipe is my new go-to with 4 easy protein variations. These burgers made with SALMON we're served at Robyn's book launch party and let me tell you - they were INCREDIBLE. So go grab the few simple ingredients and make these burgers today!
BURGER (Fish, Turkey, Chicken, Black Bean) from Go with Your Gut by Robyn Youkilis
- 1 pound ground meat/fish or 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp minced onion flakes
- 1/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. If using beans, grind them in a food processor until crumbly. If using fish you can ask your fishmonger to grind for you or grind at home using same process as beans. If you don't have a food processor you can chop beans or fish finely with a knife.
2. Mix ground protein in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients and shape into 4 large patties or 6 mini patties.
3. Add the oil to your skillet and cook the burgers over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 6 minutes depending on protein. Flip the burgers over.
2. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes, until brown or crisp. Serve immediately with traditional burger toppings or on top of a salad or in a lettuce wrap.
Notes: You can also bake these in the oven at 350*F until cooked through to your liking. The bean burgers can be a bit crumbly when serving, but they're still delicious!
YUM! For more recipes like this one (including a I-can't-believe-this-is-healthy chocolate cake and good-gut gummies), grab your copy of Go with Your Gut today!