The Superbowl - it's all about food, booze, and commercials. Not exactly a place for healthy eating, or is it? These 5 quick and easy snacks are super tasty, but won't leave you feeling like a linebacker tomorrow. SCORE! Or should I say, TOUCHDOWN ;)
- Guacamole with radish "chips" - You'd be surprised at how delicious and satisfying guac is when served on these veggie slices. Radishes are crunchy, but have a slightly spicy flavor that pairs perfectly with the creamy avocado dip.
- Cheezy popcorn - Nutritional yeast is packed with vitamins and minerals and gives this popcorn a "cheesy" flavor without any cheese!
- Rosemary roasted nuts - Take your nut mix to the next level! I'd swap brown sugar for coconut sugar (or omit completely) in this recipe.
- Paleo sliders - Who doesn't love a good burger? This recipe is gluten-free and paleo, and totally adaptable for your protein of choice (meat, fish, beans!).
- Chocolate covered dates - Dates are nature's candy and these sweet treats are a total show-stopper. The stuffing and dipping does take some time, so if you are in a rush skip the dipping in chocolate step and serve as-is or top with a small square of dark chocolate.
Are you watching the Superbowl today? What's your favorite crowd-pleasing snack? Let me know in the comments below!