An oat-free spin on the classic overnight oats! Funny enough, I didn't mean for this recipe to be paleo or grain-free: I wanted to make some easy grab-n-go breakfasts this week, but I ran out of rolled oats. I looked in my pantry and saw flaked coconut and slivered almonds, and thought "Hmmm, these two things are about the same size and shape as oats. Let's try it!" And thus, these paleo overnight no-oats were born!
Paleo Overnight No-oats // vegan, gluten free, paleo, raw, grain-free
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, cashew, etc!)
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more, if you are a cin-a-holic like me!)
- dash sea salt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- other optional add-ins: frozen or fresh berries, goji berries (my fave!), cacao nibs, walnuts, drizzle of maple syrup or local honey, bee pollen
1. Mix all ingredients together in a jar or small container, stir in your choice of add-ins and let sit in the fridge overnight. Make a few jars at the beginning of the week and have breakfast ready when you are - it's so, so easy!
See more of my morning favorites on Instagram @emilynachazel