Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Lemon + Parsley // vegan, gluten free, paleo
- 1 lb parsnips
- 1 lb carrots
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375. Wash parsnips and carrots (scrub well or peel if not organic). Toss vegetables with melted coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Roast until golden and you can easily poke a fork through veggies. If your parsnips are on the bigger side, they may take a little bit longer than the carrots.
3. Chop veggies into bite sized pieces. Add to a serving bowl, toss with lemon juice and stir in parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!
- You could probably chop up the carrots and parsnips before roasting, but I find it's easier to just roast 'em whole!
- Try this with any mix of root veggies: sweet potato, beet, turnip, rutabega, the possibilities are endless!