Tempeh with Mushrooms, Onions + Tomato Sauce // vegan, gluten free
Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 package tempeh, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce of choice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups greens of choice, optional
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet. Add onions and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add in mushrooms and cook another 5-7 minutes, until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Push mushrooms and onions off to one side of the pan. Add the other tbsp of coconut oil and the tempeh and cook until tempeh begins to brown (5-7 minutes).
- When tempeh is browned, add in greens and tomato sauce and cook until greens are wilted and sauce is warmed. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper, and oregano. Enjoy!