Are you tired? One of the top complaints I hear from friends and clients is that they want more energy. Well today I'm giving you just that - ten quick practices that you can do for a natural KICK of energy (no coffee required).
Emily's Top 10 Quick Energy Boosters:
- Go for a 10-minute walk
- Drink a cold glass of water
- Chew a piece of gum
- Take a few deep breaths
- Sip a cup of green tea (or matcha if you fancy!)
- Listen to an upbeat song (extra credit: SING ALONG!)
- Sniff some peppermint essential oil
- Do gentle stretches
- Go outside (fresh air recharges your battery!)
PLUS here are my top 5 energy boosting supplements:
2. Vitamin D - Most of us do NOT get sufficient vitamin D (as a result of where we live and the amount of sunshine available to us on a daily basis), so a supplement is something I recommend for all. Vitamin D is essential for proper immune and other important basic bodily functions.
3. Magnesium - Okay, so magnesium doesn't help boost energy per se, but it does help you sleep better so that you wake up feeling rested. Magnesium is an essential mineral that is lost when you sweat, so this supplement is especially useful if you exercise a lot (it helps soothe sore muscles too!).
4. Maca Powder - Need an instant energy boost? Look no further than Maca. This powerhouse powder has been used for centuries to increase energy, boost libido, and balance hormones. A little goes a long way! I love throwing some in smoothies and in my Two-Minute Almond Milk.
5. Bee Pollen - Considered one of nature's most completely nourishing foods, bee pollen is rich in protein, B-vitamins, and folic acid. I find it to be a potent energy booster! It's important to recognize that bee pollen is the bee's food - research where you buy yours to make sure that it is being harvested sustainably. If possible, buy from your local farmer's market. I add it to smoothies, sprinkle it on top of fruit bowls, and use it in my Superfood Energy Bites.
[For more of my favorite supplements and products, check out my SHOP page!]
Interested in learning more how specific FOODS can impact your energy levels? Join me this SATURDAY JANUARY 23RD at 2PM for THE YOGA OF EATING. We will discuss how to practice mindfulness in your shopping, cooking, and consumption, plus the impact of different types of food and preparation methods on your energy levels. PLUS I'll be sharing my no-fail tip to feel great, no matter what you eat. Sign up here!