The spices in this tea boost your immune system and stimulate your digestion, making it the perfect tea if you're feeling under the weather, or if you feel like you need to flush something out your system.
Fire Up Ginger Tea // vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or a whole stick)
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- dash cayenne pepper
- raw local honey (optional, to taste)
1. Add water, ginger, cinnamon, lemon, and cayenne to a medium pot. Bring mixture to a boil, then turn down and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. Taste and add honey if desired. Enjoy hot, or let cool for a spicy iced tea.
Note: This makes a strong tea so depending on your taste buds you may want to add more water.