Do you want to try a green smoothie but not sure where to start? Then this is a smoothie for you! It's green, but it seriously tastes like liquid chocolate chip cookie (in the healthiest way possible). The perfect treat for a Friday morning!
I served this smoothie at Sunday's Blissful Backyard Yoga Brunch and it was a HUGE hit so I knew I had to share it here. This smoothie is nutrient-dense, satisfying, and downright delicious. So do the Friday dance, grab some spinach, and make this treat for yourself ASAP!
Green Dream Smoothie // vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar free
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1.5 TBSP almond butter
- 1 cup of cold water (you can also use almond milk)
- large handful of baby spinach, baby kale, or a tsp of spirulina
- 1 TBSP cacao nibs (you could also use really dark chocolate, but I like cacao because there's no added sugar or other ingredients!)
- dash cinnamon
- dash high quality sea salt (optional)
Add everything to your blender and blend until smooth! You can also throw in some ice cubes if you are like me and love your smoothies super icy. Top with more cacao nibs or shredded unsweetened coconut!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below: have you tried a green smoothie before? If so, did you like it? What did you use?