While I LOVE me some bananas (case in point: this, this, this oh and this), I know not everyone is into this sweet fruit AND I know many people are watching their sugar intake. I'm personally experimenting with having more protein and less sugar in the morning, and thus this smoothie was created! Packed with protein, greens, and healthy fats, this is a well-rounded meal in a cup.
Creamy Vanilla Smoothie // vegan, gluten free, low sugar, paleo
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein (see my recommendations for protein powders here)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 cup almond milk, hemp milk, or water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Generous handful of spinach, baby kale, or a tsp of spirulina
- Dash sea salt
- Optional add-ins (try one or two at a time!): 1 tsp maca powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 inch fresh ginger, 1 tbsp nut butter, 1 tsp bee pollen, 1 tbsp chia seeds
1. Add it all to your Vitamix or high speed blender and blend away! ENJOY!
Have you ever put avocado in your smoothie? If not, you are in for a real treat! It's creamy, dreamy and delicious without any dairy. Not only does it taste great, this smoothie will keep you satisfied for hours due to the protein, healthy fat, and fiber.
In case you missed it, this fall I'm launching my first GROUP PROGRAM: Lighten Up Your Life! This is an affordable way to get all the benefits of one-on-one health coaching, plus the support of an incredible community of individuals with similar goals. THIS WEEK ONLY: GET $50 OFF the total program cost!! Check out all the details here! Make sure you submit an application this week to take advantage of this offer.
Have a beautiful Monday everyone!