Is it just me or is this summer flying? I can't believe I'm writing up my "loving lately" for July - I know we have another whole week plus, but still.
Here's what I'm currently craving and crushing on:
- Bok choy - If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you may know that I joined a CSA this year. CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, and what it means is that you buy a "share" in a farm at the beginning of the season, and then you get fresh produce each week. It's amazing!! Not only is the produce so delicious, it's made me try so many new things (kohlrabi, gooseberries, garlic scales!) since you don't pick what you get each week. I've especially loved the bok choy - I chop it up and make salads out of it. Crunchy, hydrating, and so good!
- Blueberries - Affectionately known as "bloobs," these berries are the star of my current favorite smoothie.
- Soft boiled eggs - I make a batch at the beginning of the week and then eat them in salads, bowls, or as a quick, protein-packed snack. I try to buy my eggs from the farmer's market, so that I know they are fresh and pasture raised.
- Grapefruit juice - My homemade happy hour drink of choice: freshly squeezed grapefruit juice + bitters, with or without vodka (sometimes I do a mocktail and it's just as good!). Yum!
- Lemon essential oil - It's been hot and humid in NYC, which makes it even more important to stay hydrated. I add a drop of doTERRA Lemon essential oil to my water to encourage me to drink more - it's super tasty!
- Bulletproof Radio podcast - For nutrition nerds like me, or anyone who is interested in learning to "hack" his or her life, this podcast from Dave Asprey (the guy behind Bulletproof Coffee, i.e. coffee with butter, i.e. crack coffee) ROCKS. My favorite episode so far is the interview with Emily Fletcher of Ziva Meditation - if you are interested in learning WHY meditation works on a more scientific/biochemical level, listen to this!
Questions on anything I've noted above? ASK ME - next Monday 7/27 at 9PM EST - this is a FREE information session where you can ask me ANYTHING! What it's like to BE a health coach, what it's like to WORK with a health coach, do I eat chocolate, how do you start meditating, etc. Register here to get the call-in information!
What are you loving lately? Let me know in the comments below!