Hi friends and HAPPY FRIDAY!
Today I'm bringing you my current smoothie obsession: you've probably seen it on my Instagram account, and if you take any morning yoga classes with me, you've definitely seen it and maybe even tried it (yes, I share my breakfast - sometimes)!
This smoothie is inspired by the Ultimate Protein Power smoothie from the wonderful Blair at Parsley Health, with a few of my own twists on it. This smoothie is PACKED with protein, healthy fats, and superfoods, making it a the perfect morning meal for anyone like me who is active and HUNGRY in the morning. This smoothie also makes a good snack if you have a long stretch between meals and need something substantial, but not heavy, to hold you over.
Blueberry Buzz Smoothie // raw, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free
- 1 cup 2-Minute Almond Milk (or unsweetened almond milk or water)
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup ice (optional, I like my smoothies really icy these days)
- LARGE handful of greens (kale, spinach, whatever you got!)
- 1/2-1 tsp maca
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled (this is my secret to the BEST smoothies)
- dash high quality sea salt
Add all ingredients to your high speed blender and blend until smooth!
Have you ever had ginger in a smoothie? Seriously, this is my favorite thing to add for great flavor - it's slightly spicy, slightly sweet and GREAT for your digestion and energy. Try it today and let me know what you think in the comments below!