Considering it's my favorite summertime treat, I can't believe I haven't posted the recipe for Banana "Nice" Cream here. Well that's about to change folks... are you ready for the simplest, yet most delicious recipe that will rock your world? I thought so...
Banana Nice Cream // raw, vegan, gluten free
- 3-4 super ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2-6 tbsp liquid (almond milk, coconut milk, and water all work well!)
- Toppings of choice: chia seeds, hemp seeds, raw nuts, cacao nibs, and goji berries are my favorites; you can also blend in peanut or almond butter, cacao powder, or spirulina/greens powder (for a GREEN DREAM ice cream)
1. Add frozen bananas to your food processor, Vitamix, or high speed blender and process/blend until smooth. Add liquid as needed and be patient! It may take a little while to whirl your frozen fruit into a creamy treat. See this blog post for a detailed photo tutorial.
2. Mix in your desired toppings and enjoy with a friend! This makes enough for 2 people (although I have definitely eaten it all by myself... its that good!)
A few notes: 1) I've had success with many different machines. Depending on the power of your food processor/blender, you may need to add more liquid, have more patience, or allow the bananas to defrost a bit before blending. 2) Water works just fine, but almond milk or coconut milk makes for a richer treat. You don't need much! Start with 1-2 tbsp and add more as needed to get your blender going. It also helps to scrape down the side of the blender or food processor as you go. 3) If you have leftovers, pour into an ice cube tray and re-freeze. You can add these banana cubes to smoothies, or re-blend for banana nice cream another day!
I hope you enjoy this cool, creamy treat as much as I do! Let me know if you try it in the comments below!