Hi there! I know I promised a recipe yesterday for my Chocolate Avocado Mousse, but I'm still tweaking it (probably just using this as an excuse to "taste test" more). I promise this delicious treat will be coming your way soon.
As previously mentioned, I’m trying to share more of my favorite products, brands, and foods with you all. So while I finish up the recipe, I thought I would share some of the things I'm "Loving Lately" with you all!
Here’s what I’m currently craving and crushing on:
- Raspberries - My dad is a HUGE raspberry fan, but I never really got his love for these sweet-tart berries, until now that is. I can’t get enough of these little rubies! Since they are not quite in season, I buy them frozen (Trader Joe’s) and throw them into chia pudding, blend into a sorbet like treat, or defrost and eat with bananas and a sprinkle of superfood toppings.
- Grilled Asparagus - Asparagus is popping up at all the farmer’s markets here in NYC, and I can’t complain. Like raspberries, asparagus is something I never really liked as a kid - probably because I never tried it grilled. Total game-changer. Simple recipe: Toss with olive oil and a generous sprinkle of sea salt and grill over high heat for 2-3 minutes (so the spears have some grill marks but are still firm and crunchy). No grill? No problem: Try roasting them.
- Hu Kitchen Dijon Crunch Crackers - These are not your average crackers - paleo, vegan, and free of sketchy ingredients, they are so much more! I love the Dijon Crunch flavor - I eat them with guacamole or hummus, or crumbled over one of my beloved lunch bowls.
- Cacao Nibs - As you may know, I love chocolate. And as you may or may not know, chocolate CAN be part of a healthy diet - raw cacao is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Cacao nibs are little bits of 100% pure chocolate - no sugar, chemicals, or flavorings added. Think of them like natural, unsweetened chocolate chips. They are slightly bitter, but I love the crunch and chocolate flavor they give to recipes, like my superfood trail mix. Recently I’ve been adding them to overnight oats - YUM!
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse - As with last month, I’m obsessed with avocados. My newest way to enjoy them? Blended with cacao powder and ALOHA Daily Goods Chocolate Blend into a decadent, yet super healthy, mousse. Sorry to tease, but this recipe will be coming soon!
- DoTerra Essential Oils - Those of you who take my yoga classes know I always offer Eucalyptus oil before class to increase energy and promote deep breathing. Recently, I've started experimenting with other essential oils in my yoga practice and in my home and absolutely LOVE it. Interested in learning more? Join me and fellow health coach Amy Jarosky of Healthy Vices at 8PM on Thursday June 11th for a FREE Essential Oils and Yoga class at Athleta on 18th and 5th. Can't make it to the event? Contact me to learn more or to purchase essential oils!
What are you loving lately? Let me know in the comments below!