Hi Folks! It looks like spring has finally sprung here in NYC and boy am I happy about that! Before I go enjoy this beautiful day, I wanted to share with you some things I am LOVING LATELY. These sort of posts will spotlight produce and products that I'm loving at the moment, and that I think you all will love too!
Here's what I can't get enough of this month:
- Avocados - I'm always a fan of avocados but recently I've been craving them even more than usual. Healthy fats, like avocados, are my secret to building salads that stick with me for hours!
- Radishes - NEWS ALERT: Radish slices make awesome chips to dip in your guacamole. They are also super tasty on sandwiches, salads, or to simply snack on. Some varietals are spicier than others - if you don't like peppery spice, start with a daikon varietal and then experiment with other types.
- Baby Kale - Don't get me wrong, I love regular kale, but sometimes It can be a little rough (on your tastebuds and your gut). I discovered baby kale through some Sakara Life meals I tried over the winter and have been hooked ever since. Much more tender than regular kale, try this in salads, sandwiches, stirfrys and soups! Check out this post for kale recipe inspiration.
- Sauerkraut - Like yogurt, sauerkraut has tons of good-for-your-gut probiotics. I love the tang it adds to sandwiches, salads, and bowls. Good sauerkraut has very few ingredients: veggies, salt, and maybe some spices. You can make your own (it's super simple I PROMISE - see tutorial here) or purchase from your farmers market or grocery store. I personally love the Plain and Caraway from Hawthorne Valley (local to NYC!).
- Chamomile - The perfect cup before bed - chamomile is both soothing to the stomach and the soul. I make my tea with a little bit of almond milk and raw honey and it is such a treat! Not to mention, it totally puts me to sleep.
What are your current healthy crushes? Let me know in the comments below!