First of all, THANK YOU to everyone who came out to the Wellness with Emily Launch Party last night! I am still buzzing from all of the high vibes (hence why I am up at 8AM writing this post). I feel lucky to have so many amazing, inspiring people in my life and supporting me on this wild journey.
(Didn't hear about the party? Sign up for my newsletter to make sure you never miss another event!)
Here's a recap of what I made and served. Please pardon the fuzzy iPhone photos, and general lack thereof - I tried to stay disconnected from my phone most of the night in line with my April intentions.
- Cucumber Rounds with Dill Cashew Cheeze from Choosing Raw
- Hummus Trio with Vegetable Crudite (original hummus from Oh She Glows, carrot harissa hummus from the First Mess, and kalamata olive hummus from Cava, served with cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, sugar snap peas, and jicama sticks)
- Avocado Deviled Eggs - I followed this recipe from Fannetastic Food but swapped the greet yogurt for ripe avocado. Note: These turned brown (duh, avocado!) so next time I would make sure to squeeze some lemon into the filling mix.
- Guacamole with Radish "Chips" - Call me crazy, but I prefer these veggie slices to chips for my guacamole. Something about the spicy radish + the creamy avocado is a match made in heaven.
- Salt and Vingar Sprouted Almonds from Organic Olivia
- Shredded Kale Salad with Green Apples + Pepitas - Recipe to be posted soon!
- Hempseed Tabouli from Choosing Raw
- Roasted Baby Peppers - Recipe to be posted soon!
- Grilled Baby Zucchini & Asparagus - Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper and let the grill do its magic.
- Dream Cups from Oh She Glows
- Raw Chocolate from This Rawsome Vegan Life (I added more superfood toppings - hemp seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut, and sesame seeds)
- Mint Chocolate Truffles adapted from this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie (I added peppermint extract to make them minty!)
- Dates stuffed with Homemade Goji Almond Butter and Roasted Almond Butter- I LOVE making my own artisanal nut butter and my Goji Almond Butter is my newest obsession. FYI I do sell my homemade nut butters in small batches - contact me for details!
- Raw Raspberry Bliss Bars - Recipe to be posted soon!
- Beer, Wine & Bubbly - It's all about balance, right?
- HEALTHY SHOTS: Lemon, Ginger + Cayenne (digestive boost); Turmeric, Cherry + Cinnamon (immune boost), Mean Greens (energy boost) - My favorite part of this night was our TOAST to health with these tasty, good-for-you shots! Recipes for these to be posted soon!
Again, THANK YOU to everyone who came out (and those of you who were there in spirit)! Looking forward to many more successful events to come!