As a way to share my favorites with you on a regular basis, I created the "Things I'm Loving Lately" series here on the blog. In this series I share everything from food to fitness, brands to beauty products, good reads to good listens.
Here's what I'm currently craving and crushing on:
- Garlic!! For a while, both raw and cooked garlic made me feel awful. I would get headachy and tired after eating anything containing garlic, which was SO sad (since it's delicious, so good for you, and in so many things). I'm happy to report that I can eat garlic again! (I attribute this mostly to some diet shifts + the digestive enzymes I've been taking the past few months) I love making garlic infused olive oil: you simply chop up fresh garlic and add in to a jar with olive oil. You can use it the next day, but the longer you let it sit, the more garlic flavor the olive oil will take on. A simple way to take sautéed greens and veggies up a notch!
- Turmeric - I've been putting this anti-inflammatory spice on everything! In my tea (yes, weird, but good), in my smoothies, and mixed with curry powder on roasted veggies (try this!!). Check out this article for more details on why turmeric is so good for you!
- Tempeh - As I've mentioned before, tempeh (TEM-PAY) is a fermented soybean cake. It's tofu's lesser-known sibling, much firmer and nuttier, and with a higher concentration of protein, fiber, and vitamins as a result of the fermentation process. Tempeh has been my go-to protein source these days - I'm loving it chopped up into salads and sautéed with a little garlic and olive oil for awesome bowl meals.
- Yerba Mate tea - The past few weeks I've taken a break from matcha (I always recommend doing experiments with yourself!) and have switched my morning cup to Yerba Mate tea. According to some, Yerba Mate has the “strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate all in one cup!" I'm not really sure how to describe the taste, but try it for yourself and let me know how you like it in the comments below! I'm loving it and planning on sticking with it for a little while!
- Pears - I'm seriously a pear fanatic these days! Maybe its because I've gotten so many from my CSA... I'm loving them sliced and sprinkled with cinnamon, cooked down to pear butter with nutmeg and vanilla (sort of like applesauce!), and juiced with greens and ginger! Pears are a great choice 1) because they are in season this time of year and 2) they are generally lower in sugar than many tropical fruits.
- Deep Blue Rub - I'm all about this essential oil infused lotion from doTERRA recently. I've been rubbing some on my shoulders, neck, and lower back before I go to sleep as a relaxing bedtime ritual. It's great for soothing aches and pains, relieving muscle tightness, and promoting relaxation.
What are you loving lately?? Let me know in the comments below!