Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm popping in today with a quick recap of what we feasted on at my family's holiday meal (and what I ended up making from my Thanksgiving recipe round up).
- Perfect Pumpkin Bread - Adapted from my Almond Butter and Jam Muffins, this bread was the perfect Thanksgiving breakfast. Lightly sweet and slightly spiced, the recipe for this quick bread will be in my December newsletter (so make sure you are on the list here!).
- Coffee with 2-Minute Almond Milk
- Fresh fruit
- Eleven Madison Park Granola - My mom’s go-to granola (see, I come by loving the crunchy stuff naturally!)
- Kale Chips
- Cheese Platter with Fresh Fruit and Veggies
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Crowd-Pleasing Vegan Kale Caesar Salad - I didn’t make the chickpea croutons the recipe calls for, and instead tossed in some extra shredded roasted Brussels sprouts. YUM!
- Roasted Root Vegetable Ribbons (beets, parsnips, rutabaga)
- Saweet Potato Casserole with Crunchy Nut Crumble - I made this last year and it was a huge hit again this year!
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sautéed Green Beans with Slivered Almonds
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- “Cheezy” Purple Cauliflower (roasted with olive oil and nutritional yeast)
- Mashed Potatoes
- Regular and Gluten-free Stuffing
- Herb Rubbed Turkey
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates - I made these stuffed with sunflower seed butter and covered them with extra Superfood Chocolate - so decadent!
- Superfood Chocolate (recipe in my November newsletter)
- Assorted Cookies
- Gluten-Free Apple Cake
- Traditional Apple Pie
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Grape and Olive Oil Cake
- Homemade Whipped Cream
WOW! As always, this meal was a team effort - everyone from my family contributed something homemade and delicious, which makes it all the more special. I’m incredibly grateful that we have so many vibrant veggie sides at our meal - I never feel like I’m missing out because I don’t eat meat!
And now, off to eat some more leftovers! What was your favorite dish this year??
PS. Make sure you are signed up for my email list here! December's newsletter will be out next week with the Perfect Pumpkin Bread recipe PLUS some *incredible* holiday specials!!